A) Open (including landscapes)
B) Images showing enjoyment of a park or nature reserve
C) Images of animals or plants (including fungi)
D) Photos by young photographers (15 and under)
- Photos to be taken at a Murrysville park or Westmoreland Conservancy nature reserve. To learn about Murrysville parks, click on "Municipal Parks" at www.murrysville.com. To learn about Westmoreland Conservancy reserves, click on "Nature Reserves" at www.westmorelandconservancy.org
- Limit of three (3) photo entries per contestant. Photos cannot have been previously entered in an earlier year's edition of this contest.
- Entries must be received by email by December 31, 2009.
- Digital images must be in jpeg format, the larger size is better, but not greater that 2048x1536 resolution. i.e. if you size is 2592 x 1944 or greater, please convert the photo to 2048x1536 before sending. 1024x768 is also acceptable.
- Image manipulation shall be limited to cropping and minor color and contrast adjustments.
- Contestant must be the copyright owner of submitted entry.
- By submitting photographic work, contestant grants hosting organizations the right to royalty-free reproduction of entries for publicity, display, and fund-raising, including sale of items using the images. Every attempt will be made to credit the photographer where reasonably possible.
- Limit of one prize per contestant.
Prizes: Modest prizes will be awarded to winning contestants.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to all amateur photographers residing in Murrysville and neighboring communities.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: this address is for questions only - please submit all entries to email@example.com)
Contest co-hosted by:
- Friends of Murrysville Parks
- Murrysville Environmental Advisory Council
- Murrysville Parks & Recreation Commission
- Westmoreland Conservancy